Friday, June 15, 2007

Music snobs can kiss my royal american ass

I can't stand music snobs. They fucking make my blood boil and make me spit when talk! Music is music!!! It doesn't have to be profound, full of musical nuances, political or have a 10 minute guitar solo (regardless of what my husband says). I had a knock-down drag-out with a wanna be on the Internet about what was good music and what wasn't. Who died and made him fucking Queen Of All Things Worth a Shit!?? Where in the hell do these people get off!! I actually felt a little embarrassed at one time as one of these assholes declared I listened to worthless shit. Now, I'm pissed off that I was embarrassed!!

I love such a variety of music, I could never pick just one genre. I love hard rock, pop, punk, alternative, big band, and...other stuff that I can't think of right now. I love me some Godsmack as well as Maroon 5. I could listen to old Jackson 5 stuff, or kick ass "My Evil Genius" by the Exies (one of my fav bands btw).

Music is a huge part of my life, I have the radio on all day at work, I have tons of cds in my car and I push every button on my radio on the way home from work trying to find something that strikes my fancy. My husband and I have attended many concerts (since I saw Disturbed, I have pretty much satisfied my need to see anyone live though).

I love Disturbed so much, I rock OUT when I'm in my car, banging on the steering wheel and singing at the top of my lungs. I don't care who's watching. OMG, dontcha' just love the song "The Game"!!! I would rather hear walruses having sex that my own voice sometimes, but then other times, I don't sound half bad. I don't sing at the top of my lungs if anyone else is in the car, lest their ears bleed on my leather upholstery. But man, there just isn't anything like cruzin', the radio blaring your favorite song, and the speed limit at 70.

No comments: